Sunday, March 30, 2008

Day 3 - Roping Clinic

Another day in the arena roping, roping and roping all the while riding a horse by the name of Ring. So what else does one do when they are participating in a Ranch-roping Clinic.



Ring is a 19 year-old gelding that Bob King was kind enough to let me ride in the clinic. Ring stands over 16 hands (1 hand = 4") and is very broad which means that after 7 hours or so of sitting on him my legs feel like they will never straighten up... but they do! Too Happy 2



One person I'd like to thank is my new friend Tom Hone. He is very knowledgeable about horses and is willing to share this knowledge. He has also been great running to Subway to get our lunches (we only have 30 - 45 minutes each day), getting water for us, and taking a lot of pictures for us plus the many other little things he does for people... he is a special person.











Today's roping was hindered by 30 mph wind gusts which added a little challenge to our day. On the excitement side I was heeling a steer and the rope went over the steer's head and butt. Needless to say this was not a good thing as Buck Brannaman already had a rope on his head. To add a little more excitement the steer decided to run around and I did not get Ring going fast enough to keep us all out of danger. This passed as Buck was able to help me get out of the mess without anyone getting hurt... thanks Buck..

One more day to go before I start chasing Arda... Thumbs Up



Temperature = 78 and very windy.

No comments: