Monday, March 31, 2008

Day 4 - Roping Clinic

Today was the last day of the clinic. Sad It was a great watching the horsemanship of most of the people there. They not only could ride but they could rope very well. They used each situation as another opportunity to train their horse.

















We spent a lot of time using the over-hand loop to catch steers by the head. It was not a good exercise for Wrangler Dave as the final score was Steers 4 - Wrangler Dave 0. Yes folks that is not a mistake! It was a learning experience though (maybe I shouldn't be a header - just kidding) as I just need more practice.


Next we moved on to heeling. I did much better at that actually going 3 for 4 Thumbs Up. As this was the final session it was a good way to end to the clinic. Everyone is now scattered to the wind as they head home or to their next clinic or branding or ?? I can tell you that I have not met a finer bunch of people who were always willing to help the other person regardless of their skill level. Thanks to all who helped me in the last few days.
Temperature = 77

No comments: